If you are trying to turn your Philips TV with your remote and it does not turn on, do not panic, you can Turn on Philips TV without a Remote. Your TV has a power switch, you will find it at the bottom right of the TV. But ensure the TV is plugged into a switch and that the switch is turned on.
Philips TV happens to be one of the top-selling electronic brands. They also specialize in TVs with their unique design. As it is with every other TV, Philips TV also requires remote controls to regulate various actions of your TV including switching it On and Off.
In a situation where your remote is misplaced or it is not working, you can always Turn on Philips TV without a Remote. You do not always need the remote to control the on or switch off your TV. There are different ways to operate the TV without its remote control.
There is more than one way to turn on your Philips TV without a remote control. You can turn it on with its buttons, through your TV remote app and a gaming console. This article will give you alternative ways of turning on your Philips TV without a remote.
How to Turn on Philips TV with the Power Button
If you want to turn on your TV without the remote control, you will have to use its power button. To do this, go over to the TV and press the power button. And if you need help finding the power button, follow the steps given below.
- Read through the manual that came with your television.
- Search if your TV has a visible touch power button. This is usually located at the middle point of the lower panel of your TV.
- Also, check the left and right sides and top of your TV. Some TVs’ power buttons are there. It may be different by size, colour, label, or power symbol.
- When you find the power button, switch on the TV.
Aside from turning on your TV with its power button, you can also use its other control buttons like volume, channel change, etc. Also, know that the buttons will not work if a child lock is enabled on your TV. So, you need to turn it off beforehand. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, the TV will automatically restart. You can also unplug the TV from its power source and plug it back after 5 seconds.
How to Turn on Philips TV with Remote App
The remote app on your phone can be used to control the functions of your Philips TV. Follow these steps below to do so.
- From your, Google play store, download and install the Philips TV app to your phone.
- Next, launch the app on your smartphone.
- Ensure your TV and app are using the same Wi-Fi network.
- In the top bar, select the model of your TV. The required remote-control panel will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- When you have configured it, tap the red power button to turn off the TV and tap again to turn on the TV.
The method above will enable you to turn on the Philips TV without your remote control. When you buy your Philips Smart TV, you should pair it with the mobile phone as soon as you purchase it. This will enable you to control the TV right from your smartphone.
How to Turn on Philips Smart TV With Gaming Console
You can use a gaming console to turn on your Philips TV. PS4 and Nintendo Switch devices are compatible to help turn on your TV automatically.
Turn on Philips TV with PS4
To do this;
- Connect your PS4 to your TV through the HDMI port.
- Switch on your PS4.
- Go to Settings and choose System Settings
- Next, choose Enable HDMI Device link.
When you turn off and turn on your PS4, your Philips TV will also be turned on.
Turn on Philips TV with Nintendo Switch
To turn on your TV with Nintendo, follow the steps below.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to your TV through Dock.
- With Nintendo Switch 1, choose the System Settings option from the home screen icon.
- Next, select TV Settings on the left side.
- Go down and choose Match TV Power State, then enable it.
When you can turn off and turn on your console, your Philips TV will be turned on.