Shuffle cannot be turned off by users that opt for a free Spotify account. However, Spotify premium users can always turn shuffle off whenever they please. So, if you are a premium subscriber, you might be wondering how to turn off the shuffle feature on Spotify. Do not worry this article will explain the steps on how to turn off shuffle on Spotify.
The shuffle feature on Spotify is a great way to add a little bit of flavor to your listening experience. Shuffle on Spotify makes it easier to listen to new songs available on the wide range of music in their library but it can be very annoying when the song does not suit your mood.
How to Turn off Shuffle on Spotify (Android and iOS)
If you use your mobile device to listen to music, you have the choice to turn the shuffle off by switching to the full-screen mode. The shuffle symbol is two overlapping arrows facing right. It is the same for all mobile devices (iPhone and Android).
If the shuffle is turned off the color of the arrow will be green and when it is on it will be white or grey. Here are the steps to turn off shuffle on your mobile device:
- Open your Spotify app.
- Select a song or playlist of your choice.
- Tap on the Now Playing bar located at the bottom of the screen. When you do this, the bar will pop up and will switch to full-screen mode automatically showing you the song you are listening to.
- Tap on the intersecting arrows located at the bottom left corner of the now-playing page.
- The intersecting arrows are the shuffle button. When the feature is turned on, the arrows will be green and when it is off the arrows are white.
These are the steps to turn off shuffle on Spotify on your Android and iOS devices.
Read More; How to Check-In On Facebook
How to Turn Off Shuffle on Spotify Desktop
Using Spotify on a desktop comes with an added advantage. The advantage it has is that users can turn off shuffle play on the desktop even when they are using a free plan on Spotify. Here are the guidelines on how to turn off shuffle on Spotify Desktop:
- Launch the Spotify app on your desktop.
- Select a song or playlist on the app.
- Click on the shuffle icon on the right bottom of the Now playing
- The shuffle icon is beside the microphone icon on the now-playing bar.
Turning off the shuffle on Spotify desktop is a very easy task to perform if you are the right guidance and steps. If you follow the steps as stated in this article you are sure to get the required results.
When can Spotify Free Users Turn Off Shuffle?
Spotify free plan users can turn off shuffle only in the Made For You playlist. Unfortunately, some Made for you playlists do not have the option to turn off the shuffle.
What are Made for You Playlists on Spotify?
On Spotify, Made For you Playlists are playlists that are generated by Spotify through your listening habits and search data to suit your tastes.
Can I use Made for You playlist without shuffle?
Sadly, not all Made for You playlists can be listened to without shuffle. These kinds of playlists can only be listened to without shuffling by Spotify premium users.
What to Do if Spotify Is Stuck on Shuffle?
There are some cases where you have turned off the shuffle feature but the songs or playlist still play in shuffle mode. In case this happens, follow these steps to rectify this issue:
- Playlists and albums: double tap the first song on the playlist. All playlists on Spotify play on shuffle by default. When you double-tap the first song on the playlist will make them play in order.
- There are some playlists that does not have the shuffle feature. To turn off the shuffle play, go to the previous playlist and turn off the shuffle.
- If you try these above steps and it does not work, you should try restarting the app or updating your Spotify app.
Can I turn off shuffle on Spotify Free plan?
The Spotify free plan does not freely allow users to turn off the shuffle feature when playing songs on playlists and albums.
Do I need Spotify Premium to turn shuffle off on desktop?
No, you do not need to be a Spotify Premium user to turn shuffle off on desktop or website. When you use the desktop app or web player to listen to music, you can turn off the shuffle. this can be done by clicking the shuffle button (Intersecting arrows).
Read More; How Do I Switch HBO Max Subscription Plans?