Facebook is revolving rapidly every day. It isn’t just for chatting and sharing pictures and videos, you can now send and receive money via Facebook messages. This is a very convenient way to send and receive money from friends and businesses on Facebook.
However, to know more about how to send or receive money in Facebook messages, keep reading this article as we will discuss how to send or receive money in Facebook messages and other related questions.
How to Send Money on Facebook Messages?
Sending money on Facebook message is easy, only if you follow the right steps and guidelines. Here are the steps on how to send money on Facebook Messages;
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Start a direct message in Messenger with the person you want to pay.
- Click on the “+” button for more actions.
- Select the “$” button to view the payment screen.
- Type the amount of money you want to send.
- Tap on the “Pay” button to send the money.
The steps to sending money to people on the Facebook messenger app are easy. Note that if you have not provided your payment details or information to Facebook, you will be required to do so.
How to Receive Money on Facebook Message
To receive money on Facebook messenger, you need to, first of all, you need to have a Facebook account. Along with an accepted payment method like PayPal or your debit card linked to it. So, to receive money on Facebook messenger, you need to provide your account information or credit card details to Facebook.
How long does it take to receive money in Facebook messages?
According to Facebook, once you have linked your Facebook account to an acceptable payment method, the money will be transferred to you right away. But it might take 3-5 business days for the money to appear in your account.
Who can use Facebook messages to send and receive money?
To be eligible to use Facebook messenger to send and receive money, you have to:
- Reside in the United States.
- Be of 18 years and above.
- Have an active Facebook account.
- Have your preferred currency in US Dollars.
- Link your Facebook account to an accepted payment method.
However, if you have all the requirements stated in the list, you can send and receive money on Facebook messenger.
Why haven’t I received the money I was sent in a Facebook message?
If you were sent money through a Facebook message, and you have not seen it in your account. However, you need to check your transaction history to confirm the method of payment used to transfer the money. You can contact customer service for your payment card.
Does it cost money to send or receive money in Facebook messages?
According to Facebook, there are no fees imposed on users who send and receive money through Facebook messages. This means it is free to all eligible users. But your bank might charge you when you make or receive money
What payment methods can I use in Facebook messages?
You can send and receive money via Facebook messenger by using any of the following:
- Credit or debit cards (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, JCB)
- Bank account in accepted countries.
- Local manual payment methods in accepted countries and currencies.
To see more information, you should visit Messenger Help Center for more details.
Why is my payment in a Facebook message pending?
It might take 3-5 business days for your payment provider to make money available in your account. Facebook will verify your information before processing payments to keep your account safe and secure.
Why was my payment in a Facebook message canceled?
If your payment was cancelled on Facebook messages, it might be because your friend declined the payment. Your payment can also be cancelled if your friend is not in the United States.
How do I decline money sent to me in a Facebook message?
To decline money sent to you on in a Facebook Message;
- Launch your Facebook messenger app.
- Open the chat you received the payment.
- Tap on the payment.
- Click on
These are the steps on how to decline money sent to you in Facebook messages.
Why did my payment in a Facebook message fail?
Your payment might fail in a Facebook message If the person you want to pay money to declines the payment or if your friend has not yet accepted the payment.
How do I contact Facebook for help with payment in messages?
If you need assistance with how to make payments in Facebook messages, call 1-888-851-6382 to speak to a Facebook agent.
How do I view my transaction history for payment in Facebook messages?
To view your transaction history for payment in Facebook messages, follow these steps:
- Launch your Facebook app.
- in the top right of the landing page, click on the menu.
- locate Settings & Privacy.
- select Settings in the options.
- click on Payments and tap Meta Pay.
- Tap on See All beside Activity.
When you tap on all, click on Money transfer to see all your transaction history for payments in messages.
How do I add or remove a payment method for Facebook messages?
To add or remove a payment method in Facebook messages, follow these guidelines:
- Open your Facebook Messenger app.
- Click on your profile picture located at the top left.
- Scroll down and select Facebook Pay.
- Click on Add new debit card or PayPal.
- Select Add Debit Card or Add PayPal.
- Fill in your payment method information, then click on Save
You can easily remove or add a payment method for Facebook messages anytime.