Facebook dating is a sub-platform under Facebook. And just like normal Facebook, it is possible that people would offend each other. In this article, we will be discussing his report and blocking someone on Facebook dating.
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook dating is the latest introduced platform for dating by Facebook. It is designed to help users find singles around them who share similar interests and want to date. Facebook has made it extremely easy to find a date on its app.
All you really need to do is attend a function where they have special offers for Facebook dating. If you get lucky though and get matched you can make plans from there. Otherwise, some of the functions you can attend include Happy hour or brunch or you can attend an event near you.
Reasons to report someone on Facebook Dating?
Catfishing is when someone isn’t who you think they are. Whether appearance-wise only or even personality-wise attached. They create a bond with you under false pretenses and sometimes force you to make rash and irrational decisions.
Catfishing is also associated with scammers. As most of the time pretending to be someone else, perhaps with a different name and the same face. Or vice versa. Majority of the time all they want is to scam you of your money. Sometimes they want personal details like identifying information.
We’ve all heard of scams. We’ve all heard of people who have been catfished. Many times, we’ve also seen it maybe even a couple of times experienced it. It certainly isn’t unfamiliar in this age hence there have been ways created to help us.
How do I report someone on Facebook Dating?
There are other reasons to report or block a person. Such as they posted something inappropriate or their profile just seems off or fake.
Some of the ways to deal with such people include reporting them. There are a few ways to report people. One of them includes reporting them through their conversations or chats with you.
These steps listed below are to report a conversation though so if you want to do that you can follow them and get your desired justice.
To report a fake Dating Profile on Facebook:
- Go to your Facebook and tap on the triple barred icon on the top right corner
- Tap on dating, there’s a little red heart emoji next to it.
- Select Matches and choose the conversation you intend to report.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon in the conversation, it’s located at the top right corner.
- Tap on “Report this conversation”
- Select the reason you want to report the person or write the personal reason
- Follow the steps and finish your report.
Another way is reporting them as a Facebook dating suggested match. With this, you may have gone through their profile or post and noticed something was wrong. Or maybe they just posted something inappropriate. You can report them in the following ways.
- Open your Facebook app and go to the triple-barred icon on the top right corner of the page that opens
- Tap on it and then click on dating, there’s a little red heart emoji next to it.
- Go to the dating profile of whoever you want to report
- Click on the three-dotted icon in the top right corner
- Tap “Report [name’s] profile”
- Pick a reason to block the person or manually type your reason.
- Follow the steps and finish reporting the person.
Reasons why you need to Block or Unblock someone on Facebook Dating?
If you do suspect someone to be a scammer on Facebook dating and they haven’t gotten their clutches on you, the best thing to do is block them. Some of the ways to identify a scammer are when they start asking for money for different things. Some of those things can include:
- Visa to come to visit.
- A family emergency.
- Health issues.
- School and lots more.
Basically, they give you a believable story and you feel obliged to help them out because you’re in love with them. The moment you see a person like that the best thing you can do for yourself is to block them.
How do I Block or Unblock someone on Facebook Dating?
Although it is possible that they are being genuine it is still possible that it’s a scam. If you feel they are trying to scam you and you do not trust them, here are the steps involved in blocking their profile on Facebook dating.
To block someone on Facebook dating:
- Log in to your Facebook and click on the triple-barred icon on the top right corner.
- Select dating, there’s a little red heart emoji next to it.
- Click on Matches and look for the person dating profile you want to block.
- Tap on the person’s dating profile picture.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on “Block [person] in Dating” and select “Block”.
With that, you have successfully blocked the person.
To unblock someone on Facebook Dating
If for whatever reason you blocked them and you feel they do not deserve it. Perhaps they said something to make you angry or you feel you were the one at fault and you wronged them, here is how you can unblock them and continue your search for love.
- Log in to your Facebook app and go to the triple-barred icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on “dating”, and it has a little red heart emoji next to it.
- Tap on “settings” with the icon next to it.
- Tap on “General” and then scroll downwards.
- Click on “Privacy settings”.
- Then tap on “Block people in Dating”.
- Scroll through your list of names and tap “Unblock” next to the person’s name you want to unblock.
Please take note that blocking a person on Facebook dating doesn’t block them on Facebook or messenger.