How to Post on Craigslist? Craigslist is a global know website used for posting items for sale, jobs, real estate, services, and personal ads. Its users can post items they want to sell or search for items they want to purchase. So if you want to engage this platform for sale, scroll down to find out how to post on Craigslist.
This platform permits users to post a range of ads like job listings, housing for sale, lease, rent, etc. The listings go beyond just buying and selling. It is structured in a user-friendly format, and it is easy to use.
Read; What is Cash App, & How Does it Work?
Craigslist is a U.S.-based platform launched in 1996 and it developed beyond national borders, covering about 70 countries and more than 700 cities by 2012. It is a popular online advertisement site that attracts large percentages of traffic.
Steps to Posting on Craigslist
Posting on craigslist will be an easy process for you if you heed the instructions below.
- Go to craigslist.
- Tap the link, “create a posting.” It is located on the upper left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the location that best matches your posting.
- Choose the type of post you want to put in. The types include jobs, housing, items for sale, services, and personnel.
- You will be directed to a list of options that relate to your post or a list of specified categories.
- Choose the option that best suits your post or the category that best depicts your post.
- Fill in the fields when you arrive at the section to describe your post. Then tap the “Continue” button.
- Tap the map to point out your location or you may type in your exact location – street, cross street, city, and postal code. Then click the “find” button.
- Upload images that relate to your ad.
- Next, survey the mock ad for incorrect or confusing information and spelling mistakes.
- If you want to edit the ad, tap the “edit post” button. It will take you back to the previous screen.
- Also, you can edit the location and images. If you are delighted, you can then click the “publish” button.
- You have to check your email because Craigslist will send an email to you. This email will enable you to publish, edit or delete your posting. The link usually expires in 30 minutes.
- When you have tapped the link, you can then set up your account. You can either type in a password or not.
Now, your ad has been posted on Craigslist.
How Long Do Craigslist Posts Stay Up
After you have posted on Craigslist, it is important to know how long your post will stay on the site. Craigslist posts’ expiration dates vary, but it depends on your location. In some cities, a post may be up to 45 days before it expires and is deleted. But if you post a Craigslist classified ad targeted at most major U.S. cities, it expires within just one week.
Read; www.jcpenney.com – JCPenney Online Shopping Store
Is an Account Needed to Post on Craigslist
A Craigslist account is not needed to post free listings. But some paid listings, such as those offering therapeutic services, need an account. If you need the option to save your drafts, edit, delete or re-advertise a free job post, then creating an account will be useful.
You do not need a Craigslist account before you can start selling on the platform. Your items can be sold on Craigslist, just like classified ads in newspapers, for free without an account. Also, you can post an ad on Craigslist without creating an account, but having an account will enable you to edit, delete or post more easily.
How to Make Your Post Outstanding on Craigslist
If you intend to post on Craigslist, you need to know that if you want to make sales quickly, you have to ensure your post stands out. Here is how to promote your post and make it stand out.
Research optimal keywords for your products. To ensure your posting stands out, attempt a few searches yourself for products or services similar to yours. Assess which keywords users would be likely to search for and examine how often the ads at the top of the results for those keywords use them in their posting.
Using strong SEO keywords will help make your post outstanding.
Craigslist filters search results based on keyword analysis. If your posting contains the right keywords, it will emerge at the top of the search results. You have to impute keywords into the text of your Craigslist posting wherever possible. Good keywords are descriptive.
Also, ensure your listing includes the name of the product and any important model numbers or other identifiers, if applicable. This makes it much more plausible that anyone searching for your product on Google may end up coming across your listing.
Your title should be catchy.
More often than not, the title of your post is the only thing a person may see while browsing the site or searching for posts. So, you need to make your post title succinct. Describe what you are selling and add a couple of keywords in the title to optimize your search listing.
You have to post multiple ads for the same product or service.
They will enable you to sell quickly what you intend to sell. Craigslist allows its users to post three ads within two days. So you can promote your post by using your three-ad quote right away. But note that you will have to change the ads because Craigslist does not allow similar or identical postings on the same day.
Posting good photos of your product will enable it to stand out.
Craigslist’s photos are of high quality and they show the product off. You should use a window or take a photo outside when you want to take a picture of the product as natural light is more flattering than light from artificial light sources. Also, ensure m the background is clear and that nothing is distracting in the photo.
Read; What Time Does Macdonald’s Start and Stop Serving Breakfast?
For example, if you are selling an electronic device, you should give the people a nice view of all the cables and accessories that come with it, to show that you have them and you intend to include them.
If anything is missing or broken, you should be very truthful about the problem. Ensure your item for sale is a little clean and polished. Remove any third-party accessories, especially if you do not intend to sell them with the product. Make your product look enticing as possible.
Choose a competitive price for your product.
Pricing your listing begins with a little bit of research. Check out for similar listings, and the official price for a new version of whatever you are selling. After examining the state of your version, you can then pick a fair price that everyone will agree with.