With a sum of over 929 million people, Instagram ads are a powerful key tool for marketers on social media. With easy access to Facebook targeting tools and options, Instagram advertising shows as an effective strategy for big companies and small businesses.
In this post, we would direct you through different guides on how you can advertise on Instagram, and how you create your first ad on the Instagram platform.
What are Instagram ads?
Instagram ads are businesses post or stories which are promoted on Instagram, Instagram users can see them on their feeds. Businesses pay to promote their brand and services; they just look like regular Instagram posts. You can identify this post or stories by a “Sponsored” label.
For you to create an ad from Instagram, you will have to switch your profile to a professional account. Facebook ads tools are another option for you to create an ad that would appear on the Instagram platform.
How much do Instagram ads cost?
There isn’t an answer to the question of how much does Instagram advertising cost. The cost of Instagram ads all depends on how you set your ads and how it has an impact on the target, ad placement, ad format, and time of the year.
Instagram doesn’t set how much you can spend on advertising; it all depends on your budget. You can set your advert, for it to send $10 a week. You can as well set to spend higher than that, like $10,000 a week.
Type of Instagram ads
They are different formats of Instagram ads that you can make use of to advertise your businesses. Below are the formats you can use for ads on IG.
- Photo ads
- Stories ads
- Video ads
- IGTV ads
- Carousel ads
- Collection ads
- Instagram Shopping ads.
Each of every one of the above-listed ad formats works in different goals and call to action, it all depends on your business option.
On the Instagram platform, based on advertising there are 3 ways in which you can run ads on Instagram.
- Create ads directly from Instagram.
- You can create ads from your Facebook page.
- Create ad campaigns in Ads Manager.
It doesn’t matter where you create your Instagram ads from or on, it will still appear on the Instagram platform on the user’s feed. After you convert your Instagram profile to a professional account also known as a Business account. In some regions, you will need to connect your business account to your Facebook page.
Connect a Facebook Page to Your Instagram Business account
To connect a Facebook page to your Instagram business account, both your Instagram account and Facebook account must be logged in on your device. Follow the below step to connect your business account to a Facebook page;
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Under the Public Business Information section, click on the Page.
- Then click on the page you want to connect to.
- If you haven’t created the page yet, click on Create a New Facebook page.
- After you finish connecting your business account to a Facebook page, click on Done.
You must be an admin of the Facebook page you want to connect to, or else you won’t see the page when you want to try connecting your Instagram business account to a Facebook page.
Guide to Create Ads from Instagram
A guide to creating ads from Instagram using the Instagram app. After you have converted your profile to a professional or business account, you can make use of the Instagram promotion button through your profile to run ads on a post and stories.
To create ads directly from Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the Promotion button.
- Tap and choose the post or story you do like to promote.
- At the top right corner, tap on next.
- Enter the destination, where you want to send people to.
- Choose your audience, people you want your promotion to reach.
- Set your ads budget, how much you want to spend daily.
- Set the duration, how long you want your promotion to run.
- Then tap on next.
- Now complete your promotion, under review click on Create Promotion.
Make sure you provided good detail for your post or story you are promoting, so it could meet the Instagram ad policies when is under review. After your promotion is accepted, it will start running and you will see it on your feed.
And it will appear on other Instagram users’ feeds. Click on the promotion button to view insights on how your promotion is doing. You can use a friend’s Instagram account to confirm if your promotion is running.