Fix Issues with your HBO Max not Working on Samsung TV
For those who do not know, HBO MAX is an online streaming platform. Its parent company is Warner Media and it’s home to all of HBO’s original TV shows and movies. It is like Netflix but currently isn’t available in a lot of countries. Its current home is the United States of America.
We all know what a television is and Samsung Electronics is one of the most popular electronic device manufacturing brands. So, it’s no surprise that many have their television.
There are some reasons why your HBO Max is not working on your Samsung TV. In this article we’re going to discuss them and how they can be solved.
Is HBO MAX available in your country?
One of the main reasons your HBO MAX is not working on your Samsung TV is probably because it’s not available in your region. HBO MAX is not as widespread as Netflix which is available in almost every country/ region across different continents.
So, because of this, it is possible that despite having downloaded the app you can’t sign in or stream anything from the platform. To confirm, here is a list of regions in which HBO MAX is available:
- Aland Islands.
- Antigua & Barbuda.
- British Virgin Islands.
- Canary Islands.
- Cayman Islands.
- Costa Rica.
- Croatia and a few other countries.
To see the complete list of countries HBO Max is available visit http://hbom.ax/available.
How to Resolve the Issue with HBO not Working on my Samsung Smart TV
In the case that your region is part of the above list of countries, it probably means that your IP address may be blocked or incorrectly identified as outside the HBO service area.
To resolve these, follow these steps. These are steps provided directly by HBO MAX:
Step 1: Unblock your IP address.
- Disable your VPN, proxy, or anonymization service so that your IP address is not blocked.
Step 2: Restart your network devices.
Try restarting your modem and router. Here’s how:
- Turn off or unplug your device with HBO Max.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Then reconnect the power cable to your modem and wait (about a minute) for it to connect back to your Internet.
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet.
- Turn your device with HBO Max back on.
- Open HBO Max and try to watch something.
Step 3: Contact your ISP.
- If you have disabled proxies, VPNs, and anonymization services, you need to contact your Internet service provider for help.
Step 4: Contact them.
If you still get a service area message, gather the following info, and contact them:
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Your IP address (open a browser and type ‘what is my IP address to get this) or visit http://hbom.ax/servicearea.
HBO Max is still an app and one of the ways to use it is to treat it like it is… An app. On that note, we ask app-related questions like…
Is my HBO MAX up-to-date, and if not how do I update it?
Sometimes when your HBO MAX is not working it may not be your TV but rather your app. Think back to when you last updated the app if you can’t recall or remember it being a long time ago.
You probably need to update it because it has most likely been outdated and is no longer in use. To do this you need to:
- Sign in to your Samsung TV.
- Look for APPS and open it. Go to the setting icon on the screen.
- Select updates and find HBO Max and select update again. You will see details of it appear on the screen if your internet is working fine.
- Go back and try to stream.
If it still doesn’t work after updating the app you need to delete and reinstall the app.
- Delete your current HBO Max from your Samsung TV.
- Wait about a minute or two.
- Turn it back on, sign in and go to the app.
- Find and download the latest version of the app.
- Sign in and try streaming again.
Another reason your HBO Max may not be working on your Samsung TV is that there might’ve been an outage of HBO Max in your region. Remember the list I provided to you above?
Well, HBO Max works with servers in those locations, a server outage might have happened and caused your HBO Max to crash, hence, stop working.
To check if there’s a server outage visit the down detector. In this case, you can get the live status of each of its servers and find out if HBO Max is down or not.
If it is down, whether generally or in your region, you need to wait for HBO Max technical team to resolve the issue. Only after that will you be able to stream again. You can keep up with the happenings on their social media platforms.
How fast is your internet?
Another thing to look out for is that your internet speed is good. Like any other streaming app, it requires the internet to properly work and so if your internet is slow, it may cause your app to crash.
- Make sure your WIFI is providing network fast enough by either turning it back off and on
- Find out if a lot of devices are connected to the WIFI and if they are disconnecting from them and stream
- There may be a lot of apps running on the same network, stop them and try streaming again.
Remember, it’s still an app, and cache data are one of those things that affect the running of apps. Clear out the caches of your HBO Max by following these simple steps.
- Go to the home section on your Samsung TV.
- Go to settings on the TV.
- Look for and select apps.
- Go to the system apps.
- Choose HBO Max.
- Click on clear and OK respectively to confirm.
If after all this your HBO Max is still not working on your Samsung TV you need to contact the service providers/technical team of HBO Max and request their help.