What is a Golf Club
A golf club is a material used to strike a golf ball in the game of golf. A golf club is made up of a shaft, a grip, and a club head. The game of Golf looks really sophisticated to newcomers because of its steep learning curve, complicated rules, and regulations.
Most people do not engage in the game of golf mostly because of the cost of the materials used to play the game like the golf club, golf ball, and golf bag. Beginners and amateurs usually have difficulty using the golf club and I will be discussing how to use a golf club.
How to Grip Golf Clubs
The main thing to do in order to make sure your golf club lasts longer and maintains its beauty just like the first time you bought them is to ensure they are cleaned the right way. Golf clubs are expensive, so it’s better to keep them well to avoid buying them over and over again. You need the following materials to clean your golf clubs;
- A bucket.
- Luke warm water.
- Dishwashing soap.
- A soft brush.
- A towel.
- Steel polish.
A golf club has different parts like the club head, shafts, and grips. There are different ways to clean the parts of the golf club because they are made of different materials. These are ways of cleaning the different parts of a golf club.
How to Clean the Golf Club Head
- Fill the bucket with warm water to the point that it can cover the club heads.
- Add a little amount of dishwashing soap to the bucket of water.
- Dip the dirty club heads into the bucket for about 5 minutes to allow the dirt to loosen. If your golf club head is very dirty, you can submerge it for up to 15 minutes.
- Remove the golf club head and scrub very well with a soft brush.
- Ensure that all areas of the golf club head are scrubbed well. Pay attention to the grooves because if they are not properly cleaned they can negatively affect your game.
- After scrubbing, dip the head of your golf club into clean water. Make sure that the water does not enter the shaft and grips of your golf club.
- Dry the club head by using a towel to rub it thoroughly.
- Apply a little amount of steel polish to give your club heads a shiny, new look.
- Remove the polish from the club head.
How to Clean Golf Club Grips and Shafts
Taking care of the grips of your golf club is very important because they can be worn out easily. Cleaning of the golf club is not complete if you forget to clean the shaft and grips. It plays a crucial role in ensuring that your golf club lasts long. You are to clean the grips every time you finish using your golf club.
- Use a wet cloth to wipe the surface of your club grip.
- Rinse the surface with warm water.
- Dry the surface of the grip with a dry towel.
- Ensure that water does not get into the shaft. If it did, you should dry that too.
These steps can be done to ensure that your golf club head is cleaned thoroughly and lasts long. If all these steps are followed step by step, you will have your golf club looking nice, shiny, and new all the time.
How to Swing a Golf Club
For beginners, swinging a golf club can be a very difficult task to perform. These are the steps to mastering how to turn your golf club accurately.
- Place your feet slightly ahead of the golf ball. This is to ensure that your golf club is resting close to the center of your body.
- Stand close to the ball in a way that the club face reaches the ball with your arms out but in a relaxed manner.
- Ensure your feet and shoulders are in alignment with your target.
- Make sure your knees are slightly bent to balance your weight on the balls of your feet
- Distribute your body weight equally on both feet.
- Hold the golf club with a relaxed grip that makes you feel more comfortable; types of grips are interlocking grip, overlapping grip, and baseball grip.
- Lift the golf club above your head and rotate your torso to ensure the club moves behind the bask swing.
- Make sure that your downswing is followed through properly.
- Lean forward towards the target during the moment of impact of the ball and the club.
These are the easy steps in swinging a golf club. With constant practice, you should be better at golf in no time.
How to Swing a Golf Club Faster
Swinging my golf club faster is one trick I was excited to learn when I started playing golf but I could not seem to do it until had the right guidance and followed the right steps. These are the steps to making your golf club swing faster;
- Make sure you have a balanced start.
- Swing your arms and clubs in unison when taking a free backswing.
- Use the momentum built from the backswing to deliver maximum power to the ball.
- Avoid being too aggressive in your releases.
- Rotate the swing thoroughly towards the target of impact.
These steps are sure to make you carry out a faster golf club swing in no time. To get a better result, practice these steps regularly and you will be a master of playing golf.
How Many Clubs in a Golf Bag
The standard number of golf clubs in a golf bag is 1 – 14 clubs and they must be serving a particular purpose. This is to reduce the weight of the golf bag to make it easier for caddies to carry them with ease and ensure the durability of the bag.
Why is Golf Addictive?
The game of golf is so addictive because no one can ever truly completely master it. Some drive just makes you go back and practice. It might also be addictive because you get to play it with your friends and loved ones.
How Much Do Golfers Earn?
The top Golfers can earn up to 40 million US dollars a year from just endorsements. This is no doubt a massive sum of money thus making golfers top earners in the sports industry.