How can I file an insurance claim? As an insurance policyholder, when your property is damaged, the first thing that occurs to you is filing a report to your insurance service provider. An insurance claim is an official request to your insurance provider to compensate for damages incurred under your insurance policy.
Your insurance company verifies the claim that is filed by the insured. If the claim is approved, the insurer will make payment to the insured.
How Long Does Insurance Claim Take
The time it takes to verify an insurance claim varies based on your location in some states, it takes about a maximum of 85 days for the insurance service company to verify your claim and in other places, it takes a year or more to verify your claims. I advise that if the damage done can be easily rectified or repaired, you should consider that.
How long do I Have to File an Insurance Claim?
Again this depends on your location but most states give a two-year limit to file an insurance claim. However, it’s safer to file your report or claim fast and document the necessary information needed.
When Can my Claim Be Rejected?
An insurance company can reject your insurance claim can be rejected when the claims made were “false” or not all the information about the event is complete. This can be termed as a misstatement or non –disclosure .to avoid this, you should fill in all the information about the event correctly and honestly.
Types of Insurance Claims
There is a wide range of insurance claims to fit the complaint you want to make .these are the lists of the types of insurance claims.
- Auto insurance.
- Homeowners Insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Life insurance.
These are the common types of insurance claims that can be made. It should not be difficult to find the category of insurance claim you want to make in this list of types of insurance claims.
How to file an Insurance Claim
The steps to filing an insurance claim are a little bit complicated but in this article, I will give you simplified steps to doing this.
- The first thing to do when filing an insurance claim is to inform the police about the incident. This is to ensure that no one is affected by the incident. The importance of contacting the police is to ensure that a well-detailed official report is written.
- Document the whole event and other important information that was exchanged. Information like the name, address, phone number, photos, and even videos of the person involved and the incident.
- Contact your insurance service provider to know if there is any additional information needed to be provided to verify your claims. You can contact your insurance service provider through their mobile app [if available], call their agents, or fill out forms and forward them to them through email.
These are the simplified steps in filling an insurance claim. If you follow all the steps you are sure to have your insurance claim accepted.
How to File an Auto Insurance Claim
Almost everyone has found themselves or someone you know in an auto accident maybe once or twice. In case you find yourself in such a situation like this again and you have insurance for your automobile, these are the steps you should follow;
- The first thing you should do immediately is to call your insurance agent
- Document the whole event and the damage done to your automobile
- Verify the documents that are needed to support the claims that you submitted to your agent.
- Supply the information needed honestly without leaving any crucial information out.
These are the steps in filing an auto insurance claim. I hope that these steps will help you sort out your auto insurance issues with ease.
How to File a Homeowners Insurance Claim
As a homeowner, you can come across so many types of unruly tenants or even be a victim of burglary. These are the steps you should follow immediately you notice this;
- Look critically at the damage done you can even request a police report if you think it’s necessary.
- Contact your insurance company immediately
- Take pictures of the damage and other necessary documents
- If the damages did can be fixed, repair them temporarily and keep the receipts safe
- Contact your contractor and get an estimate from the agency
- Accept your payment for the damages done and replace or repair the damaged item.
As you can see the steps to filing an insurance claim are easy and should be verified quickly if all conditions are met by both the insurance company and the insured.
The most important thing to note when filing an insurance claim report is to totally transparent and honest in your claims. Do not exclude any information that is crucial to the investigation because if you are caught, your insurance claim would be denied.