Starting today 21st, July 2020 Facebook Instagram introduces a new way to a fundraiser for personal causes. Fundraise for a personal cause is a way whereby people raise money for small businesses, a friend, yourself, and a lot more. Facebook Instagram just begin a small test on creating a personal Fundraiser. This new feature is available on Android and iOS, in countries like US, UK, and Ireland.
Instagram Facebook users who live in any of the countries which allow you to donate to a fundraiser with the donation sticker. The user can make a donation to a Personal Fundraiser which is out today on Android.
Starting from January till today, with Facebook and Instagram, a lot of people has raised more than 100 million US Dollar which is for the COVID- 19 Fundraisers worldwide. For over 30 days back now, on Instagram/Facebook, they have been a double in a donation in the US. It was said that they were a large blow whereby people raise money to support, which has helped in buying medical equipment. Equipment which will be used for assisting people;
- Protesters for Black Lives Matter.
- It will help in rebuilding blacks’ small businesses which were affected by COVID- 19.
- And, also for funding Educational resources.
Facebook and Instagram have made it so beneficial for personal causes which will be very easy for you to be able to create Fundraiser directly from its platform.
How to Create a Personal Fundraiser
For each fundraiser that occurs, it lasts for 30 days, well Instagram lets you extended it, by adding 30 days more. To create a fundraiser, you must be above the age of 18.
- To on your profile, and click on Edit profile.
- Click on Add fundraiser.
- Click on Raise Money.
- Choose a photo of yourself or what you are raising money for.
- Select a Fundraiser category.
- Enter details for people to know what and why they are raising the money.
- Enter information for stripe.
- Then tap on the Send button.
After which Instagram Facebook will have to review it.