An Electric skateboard comes in different types and prices in the market, and you need to know how much it will cost you to get one. Some skateboards are specially designed for beginners while some are made for pros. Electric skateboards come in different shapes, sizes, and prices so as such you would naturally want to know how much an electric skateboard costs.
Honestly, the price of an electric skateboard depends mostly on the model and the individual price of the parts used to build or assemble the skateboard. While looking for a not-so-expensive electric skateboard it’s best to ensure that the board you are about to purchase is going to last for a long time at its maximum capacity.
Why do Electric Skateboard Cost so Much?
The reason why an electric skateboard costs so much is because of the components used to build one. If you put the price of things like batteries, motors, wheels, deck, and marketing costs into consideration you know why the price skyrockets.
Features of an Electric Skateboard
An electric skateboard is not like your regular traditional skateboard, it comes with so many components like:
This is the part of the skateboard that enables it to move. There are different types of electric motors for an electric skateboard. They are:
- Wheel hub motor
- Out-runner motors
- Direct drive motors
These electric motors help the skateboard move at different angles. They come in different sizes and rates which determines the price of the motor.
This part of the electric board helps in determining the skateboard’s speed, stability, and flexibility. The length, base, and weight determine the level of support and balance the user will experience when riding. Wooden decks can cost from $30 to $150 while carbon decks have prices ranging from $200 to $500.carbon decks are durable compared to wooden decks.
The battery is no doubt the most important feature to consider when choosing an electric skateboard. It costs almost 3 times more than your usual battery for flashlights and other smaller devices. This is because these batteries have stronger durability and power. They cost up to $150 to $400. Users can opt for a stronger but more expensive battery.
Other features include:
- Remote controls
- Skateboard bearings
- Electronic speed controllers
- Skateboard proper trucks
All these parts make up the electric skateboard and make it function properly. Though they add to the functionality of the board, they also add to the price of the board.
Top Cheapest Electric Skateboards
These are the top cheapest electric skateboards available in 2022. All the electric skateboards are under $500 or cost $500 at most.
- Aeboard v3.
- Backfire G2 Black.
- Maxfind Max2 Pro.
- Meepo V3.
- Verreal Mini.
- WowGo Knight.
- Ownboard W1S.
- Skatebolt Tornado II.
- Maxfind Max2 Pro.
- Hiboy S11 Budget E-Skateboard.
- Meepo V3.
These are the list of the cheapest electric skateboards that have a durability of up to 8 months. It has all the features that you would expect to find in a $1000.
The Most Expensive Boards
This is a list of the most expensive electric boards that exist. Let us have in mind that an expensive board doesn’t necessarily mean that it is high quality but in this list, these electric boards are oh high quality and are definitely worth the price.
- Bio boards Thorium X4 – $2,418- The Bio boards Thorium X4 was voted the best electric skateboard of 2018 .this is no surprise as this board has it all from 40km top speed to long battery life and 2 hours charge rate. this board is absolutely great
- Kaly NYC Boards – $ 3500 – This three thousand dollar board has a battery charge time of 220 minutes and 1736 wattage. It can carry a rider up to 280 pounds and has high stability.
- Lacroix Boards – $4,399.99- The Lacroix board has everything anyone would want in a skateboard. High speed, stability, and long battery life. Lacroix Boards is a great board and is worth the price tag.
- MetroboardX – $ 2599 – If there is anything like a super board the MetroboardX is a perfect definition .it moves with little noise and has a battery of 36V.The MetroboardX also has a 1-year warranty.
- ONSRA Black Carve 2 – $1,540.00 – this electric skateboard with a Samsung lithium-ion battery. This electric board has water resistance which means the rain cannot stop you from skating. The ONSRA Black Carve 2 has recharge hours of 5-6 hours and is very durable.
These are some of the best electric skateboards that you can find for sale. Buying the most expensive electric skateboards does not mean you will not enjoy the same skating experience. Skateboards have been improving and adding new features to their already amazing features. We look up to more interesting features of the skateboard.
How much does it cost to charge an Electric Skateboard?
Charging an electric skateboard will cost about 20 cents on average. This solely depends on the battery size of your board and the price of electricity in your area. Most skateboards have a battery capacity of 90- 500 watts per hour. This varies depending on the battery capacity and costs are higher if you have a high battery capacity.
How to Buy Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency with PayPal
How to Pay my Spectrum Bill Online