Clevo, short for Clevo Computer Company, is a Taiwan-based company that specializes in manufacturing laptop barebones and custom gaming laptops.
Unlike many other laptop manufacturers, Clevo doesn’t sell laptops directly to consumers but rather supplies laptop chassis, motherboards, and other components to various laptop resellers and boutique system builders.
These resellers then configure and sell the laptops under their brand names. Here are some key aspects to consider when talking about Clevo laptops:
- Clevo primarily focuses on creating laptop “barebones,” which are essentially the base chassis, motherboard, and cooling system of a laptop.
- These barebones are then customized and rebranded by other companies, often referred to as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) or system integrators.
- Clevo laptops are known for their high degree of customization. Users can often choose various components such as processors, graphics cards, storage, and memory during the purchasing process.
- This flexibility appeals to gamers and professionals who have specific performance requirements.
- Clevo laptops especially Clevo nh70 are popular in the gaming community, as they often support high-end graphics cards, powerful processors, and ample cooling solutions.
- The ability to upgrade components, such as graphics cards, also makes the Clevo laptop attractive for gaming enthusiasts.
Resellers and Brands
- Various companies around the world use Clevo barebones to create their own branded laptops. Examples of these resellers include Sager, Xotic PC, Origin PC, Eurocom, and others.
- Each reseller may have its own set of configurations and additional features, providing a diverse range of options for consumers.
Performance and Components
- Clevo laptops are known for their performance capabilities, often featuring the latest Intel or AMD processors, high-end NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards, and support for fast RAM and storage options.
- The laptops are designed to handle demanding tasks such as gaming, content creation, and professional applications.
- Clevo laptops’ build quality can vary depending on the specific model and the reseller’s implementation. Some models may focus more on performance and less on aesthetics, while others may feature high-quality materials and design elements.
- The Clevo laptop community is active, with users sharing experiences, guides, and troubleshooting tips online. This community support can be beneficial for users looking to optimize or modify their laptops.
Clevo Laptops Specifications
Clevo laptops come in various models, each with its own set of specifications. As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, here’s a general overview of the kind of specifications you might find in Clevo laptops. Keep in mind that these details can change based on the specific model and the configuration chosen:
- Processor: Typically Intel or AMD processors, ranging from mid-range to high-end options.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA or AMD discrete graphics, with options for various performance levels.
- RAM: Configurable RAM options, often supporting high-capacity and high-speed modules.
- Storage: Multiple storage options, including SSDs and HDDs, with support for RAID configurations.
- Display: Various display options, including high-refresh-rate panels and different resolutions.
Customization and Expansion
- Modular Design: Clevo laptops often have a modular design, allowing users to upgrade certain components like RAM, storage, and sometimes even the GPU.
- Expandability: Multiple drive bays and RAM slots for future upgrades.
- Ports: A variety of ports, including USB, HDMI, DisplayPort, and more.
- Wireless: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options.
- Cooling System: Robust cooling solutions, including multiple fans and heat pipes to manage thermals during demanding tasks.
- Material: Build quality can vary, with some models featuring durable materials, while others may prioritize performance over premium construction.
Pros and Cons Clevo Laptops
- Customization: Clevo laptops offer a high degree of customization, allowing users to tailor their systems to specific performance needs.
- Performance: Known for high-performance configurations, suitable for gaming, content creation, and professional applications.
- Upgradeability: The modular design allows for easy upgrades, ensuring the laptop can adapt to evolving hardware requirements.
- Community Support: An active online community provides support, guides, and user experiences for troubleshooting and optimization.
- Build Quality: While some models feature sturdy builds, others may have a more utilitarian design, and the overall build quality can be a subjective aspect.
- Aesthetics: Clevo laptops may not always prioritize aesthetics, and some users might find them lacking in the design department compared to other premium brands.
- Availability: Clevo laptops are often sold through smaller resellers, and their availability may be limited compared to mainstream brands.
- Brand Recognition: Clevo as a brand might not be as widely recognized or trusted as more established laptop manufacturers.
Clevo laptops are a solid choice for users who prioritize performance and customization. With a modular design and a wide range of configuration options, they cater to gamers and professionals seeking tailored solutions.
However, potential buyers should consider the trade-offs, such as varying build qualities and potentially less mainstream brand recognition. If customization and performance are paramount, Clevo laptops offer a compelling option, especially for those comfortable navigating the enthusiast community for support and guidance.
In summary, Clevo laptops are renowned for their customization options, making them popular among users who want tailor-made systems for gaming, content creation, or other demanding tasks.
The modular design allows for easy upgrades, and the laptops are often associated with high performance. However, the overall user experience can vary depending on the reseller and the specific model chosen.