Are you tired of Spotify and have decided to switch to another music streaming app? Why leave your Spotify account inactive when you can easily delete your Spotify account for good? Closing your account is a better solution than just leaving it to be inactive.
However, you should note that when you delete your Spotify account all its content (playlists, search history, favorite songs, and more) will be permanently gone.
You can create a new account on Spotify but you should be certain that deleting your account is what you want. If you are sure, here are the steps you should follow to do so;
How to Delete your Spotify Premium Account
To delete your Spotify Premium account, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser.
- Visit the Spotify web page.
- Go to the Spotify Support Account.
- On the menu, click on Account.
- Select the “I want to close my Account” option.
- Tap on the “Contact to close” option.
- Chat with a Spotify support bot to delete your account.
- Click on the start option to continue.
- Type “I want to close my account “and the Spotify bot will assist you to complete the final steps.
- An option to cancel “Premium Subscription or Close account” will appear.
- Click on close account.
- You will be prompted to confirm your email address.
When you have done this, check your mail and click on close account to complete this process.
A link will be sent to you for the purpose of reactivating your account. This link is valid for seven days only. If you decide to click the reactivation link, the process will take about 30 days to be done completely.
You can use the Email account of our deleted account to register for a new Account on Spotify but you will have to wait for about 14 days after the account deletion has begun.
How to Close a Free Account
A user does not have control over the order of the songs in a free Spotify account. To close a free account on Spotify, follow these steps:
- Visit the Spotify website on any web browser.
- Search for support in the search tab.
- Locate Account Settings and click on it.
- Click on close your account.
- A prompt will appear for you to fill in your Spotify Login Details[If you have not done that previously].
- After this, click on close account.
- Spotify will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the account.
- Check the username and email address to confirm.
- A prompt will appear showing you the implications of deleting your Spotify account, click on I Understand.
- Click on continue to complete this process.
- Spotify will send an email to the email address used to create the account and click on close mail to finally complete the process.
Spotify will send a link valid for seven days to reactivate your account in case you change your mind. These are the steps to closing a free account on Spotify. You are sure to complete this process if you follow the steps listed above.
Can I delete my Spotify account using the mobile app?
You cannot delete your Spotify account on the mobile app. In order to delete your Spotify account, you must use a web browser to visit the Spotify web page to do so.
Can I delete my Spotify account and make a new one?
You can create a new Spotify account after you have deleted your old count but you will not be able to use the previous username. However, you can use your email address to create a new Spotify Account.
What happens after I have deleted my Spotify Account?
When you delete your Spotify account, you will lose access to all your playlists, liked songs, and followers (if you have any). Your music which you have saved to your library will also be lost.
How to Upload Music to Spotify?
Is Real Estate Investment Trusts a Good Career Path