Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms that enable you to connect and meet new people from across the globe. The social media platform also has a Facebook Dating feature which many are oblivious to. Your Facebook Account is quite different from your Facebook Dating profile. You also need to create a Dating Profile with your Facebook account to access this feature.
The Facebook Dating profile page has been designed to enable single men and women 18 years of age and above to find their rights matches but it is limited by location. But, just like other top dating platforms such as Tinder, eHarmony, Match.com, and more.
You can also meet and find your soulmate on Facebook Dating. However, to get started with Facebook Dating you will need to create your own Facebook Dating Profile.
How to Create a Facebook Dating Profile
Creating your Facebook Dating profile opens your world to thousands of singles from various locations in which the Facebook Dating feature is accessible. You get to find singles that share similar interests with you within and outside your geographical location.
Besides, it is free to make use of the Facebook Dating feature and you get to set up an account for free. There are, however, certain steps you need to follow to create your Facebook Dating Profile, and below are the steps;
- Download and install the Facebook app on your android or iOS device.
- Open the App and login to your Facebook account using your email address or phone number and password. Or create a new Facebook account if you don’t have any.
- Once you have been logged in or signed up for an account, at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the 3 horizontal bar icons and you will be taken to the Facebook Menu page.
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Dating”.
Note that; if you cannot see this feature that means “Facebook Dating” is not available in your country or region.
- But if you can access the feature; on the Facebook Dating page, click on Get Started
- You will be asked certain questions which you can skip by tapping on Next.
- Review your Dating Detail and tap on Confirm once done.
Complete your Facebook Dating profile and add additional information. You can select;
- Preview Suggested profile; you will be promoted to use pictures and information on your Facebook profile.
- Complete your profile manually; you can use this option to add pictures and details of yourself manually.
NOTE; while creating your Facebook Dating Profile, you will be asked to enter your gender and the gender you will like to be identified with. For instance, if you are a woman looking for a man, you can tap on the woman and click on identify with men.
However, aside from the men and women option Facebook Dating provides you with additional gender options including;
- CIS Woman.
- Trans Woman.
- CIS Man.
- Tans Man.
- Non- Binary person.
You can select your own gender from the list as well as your match’s gender identity.
Who can Make use of Facebook Dating?
As stated above, Facebook Dating is limited to a number of counties and regions. You can make use of the Facebook Dating feature in your region if you have an active Facebook account. Here are some of the criteria’s to use or create a Facebook Dating Profile;
- You must be 18 years of age and above.
- Have an active Facebook account with good standing for at least 30 days.
- You must reside in a country or region where Facebook Dating is available or accessible.
What Countries is Facebook Dating Available in?
There are quite a number of countries in which Facebook Dating can be accessed and a Profile created. These countries and regions include;
- Czech Republic.
- United Kingdom.
- United Kingdom.
How is my Facebook Dating Profile Different from my Facebook Profile?
Meanwhile, your Facebook Dating profile is quite different from your Facebook Profile. Although you can only access the dating feature from your Facebook profile account they are different as stated above. This is because your Facebook friends and anyone aside from your Dating cannot see your Dating profile and your Dating activities will never appear on your news feed.
In addition, the convalescent on your Facebook Dating profile account is separated from that on your Facebook account or Messenger. Lastly, you can always delete your Facebook Dating Profile and your Facebook account will not be deleted. However, deleting your Facebook account automatically leads to your Facebook Dating profile being Deleted.
How to Link & Unlink Instagram Account with Your Facebook Profile
How to Report Things on Facebook