Checking in on Facebook is one of the best ways of letting friends and family know where you have been. Going to the latest restaurant or visiting the newly opened park, you can check in to a place on your Facebook profile to see where you have been.
Since the check-in feature is relatively new, you might have issues working your way through it. In this article, we will discuss how to check-in on Facebook and other questions about the check-in feature of Facebook.
How to Check-In On Facebook
The steps on how to check-in on Facebook is very easy to do with the right guidelines. Checking in on Facebook on the website and app is the same. Here are the steps on how to check in on Facebook:
- Open your web browser.
- Visit the official Facebook website and log in to your account.
- Click on “What’s on your mind” to create a new post.
- After the create Post window has opened, click on the “check in” next to the “Add to your Post” button.
- A “Search for Location” window will be opened, locate the “Where Are You Box” and click on it.
- Enter the name of the place you want to check-in to.
- You will be redirected to the Create Post page but now you will see your location.
- Here you can now create your post by clicking on the “Create Post” button.
- When you are ready to post, you can now click on the “Post” button.
This is how to check-in on Facebook through the Facebook website.
How to check in on Facebook through the Facebook app
Checking in through the Facebook app is very easy to do. This is how to check-in through the Facebook app:
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account if you haven’t done so before
- Locate the What’s on your mind button on the top of the landing page and click on it
- Select the check-in button
- Search for your location or select your location from the list available
- You can also add other things like pictures, tag friends, and more.
- When you are satisfied with your post, click on the “share” button
As you can see, checking-in on Facebook through the mobile app is not a difficult task, you just need the right guidelines.
Read More; How Do I Switch HBO Max Subscription Plans?
Why can’t I check in on Facebook?
Having difficulties in checking-in on Facebook? If you cannot check-in on Facebook the most likely reason is that the check-in function has been disabled in the settings.
Why don’t I have check-in button?
If you do not have a check-in button, follow these steps to add it:
- Navigate to your profile page.
- Select More under your cover photo.
- From the list, Select Check-Ins.
If Check-Ins is not available in the options, select Manage Sections and place a checkmark next to Check-Ins, then click on Save.