You might feel like changing your Apple ID payment method probably because the previous payment method was not convenient for you or you just felt like trying out new a new payment method. For whatever reason you have to change your Apple ID payment method, this article has got you covered.
Changing your Apple ID payment method can be difficult if you do not have the right guidance. You do not need to worry about that as we will explain how to change your Apple ID payment method. Let’s get right into it. Check out where you can make use of your Apple ID on.
How to Change my Apple ID Payment Method
To change your Apple ID payment method for your iTunes and app Stores purchases on your iOS devices, follow the steps below:
Change Payment Method For iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on your profile name.
- Select Payment & Shipping. You may be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID.
- After you have signed in, you can now Add a payment method
- Click on Add Payment Method.
- Select the payment method of your choice, then make the changes to your information. You may need to type the security code that is on your credit or debit card.
- To remove a payment method, click on Edit.
- Tap on the red Delete button and then click on Remove.
- If you have a balance, you have not paid, have subscriptions including an iCloud storage plan, or use purchase sharing, you cannot remove all your payment methods. Visit the apple support page to learn how to remove all payment methods.
- Rearrange the order of your payment methods by clicking on Edit, then drag the move order icon.
To Change your Apple ID Payment Method For Mac
- Launch the App Store on your MacBook.
- Click your name i.e. your profile or the sign-in button located at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Tap on View Information.
- Click Manage Payments located next to Payment Information. (If you are not using the updated version of macOS, click on the Edit button next to Payment Type.) You may be required to sign in with your Apple ID.
- You can now update your payment method by clicking on the edit button next to the payment method.
- To add payment, click on add payment and to remove the payment method, click on the payment method and click on Remove.
Note that if you have any unpaid balance, you cannot remove all payment methods. Visit Apple support “here” to get more information on how to remove all payment methods.
Why won’t my Apple ID accept my payment method?
If your apple ID cannot accept your payment method, there are a few reasons why this is happening. One of the reasons could be that the payment method you are trying to make use of is invalid or unavailable.
Another reason could be that your account is not yet verified. If you are experiencing issues verifying your account, you can contact Apple Support for assistance.
What payment methods can be used with Apple ID?
There are different payment methods that can you can use with Apple ID. The most common payment method is to use a credit or debit card. Another option is to use PayPal. You can also use gift cards to make payments with your Apple ID.
Why can’t I edit my payment method on Apple ID?
You may be able to change your payment method on Apple ID if you have an iPhone or iPad. You can change your payment method for Apple ID at any time by going into Settings > iTunes & App Store > Payment Information.