If you no longer feel interested in making use of Netflix for your streaming platform, or you feel you are not getting what you pay for, you can cancel your subscription plan.
Netflix is an almost worldwide online streaming app that lets one enjoy screen time enough with a variety of shows and movies. It is a game-changer but requires us to pay/subscribe for it. Like every other life expense, sometimes we think it’s worth it other times we don’t.
So, if you’re here because of the latter, maybe you don’t have time for it or can’t meet up due to how expensive it is, or you just plain don’t want it, then this article is for you.
I know you’re most probably wondering, “How you can cancel your Netflix subscription?” Well, I am here for you and ready to give you all the answers to all the questions you may have.
How do I cancel my Netflix subscription (through the website)?
Signing out of your Netflix account and deleting the app will not cancel your subscription. On that note, I have laid out guidelines on how exactly to cancel your subscription.
- Open a web browser (on an Android, preferably Chrome)
- Go to netflix.com and sign in to your Netflix account (you cannot end it from the app, it must be a browser).
- Tap the downwards-facing arrow next to your profile name.
- Tap on account (a new page will open showing a membership and billing button).
- On the button is written “CANCEL MEMBERSHIP”, tap on it.
- Then click on “Finish cancellation” to confirm canceling your subscription.
Following these simple steps, you have canceled your Netflix subscription and are only eligible to keep watching until your normal due day (end of your next billing period).
Before then Netflix will keep reminding you on your app that you can still resubscribe and join Netflix again but that’s nothing to worry about. You don’t have to join if you don’t want to.
How to cancel your Netflix DVD plan
If you also subscribed to a DVD plan and want to cancel it you still can. Remember the accounts page? Go there. It should be next to your plan details. On that page, click on “Cancel your DVD plan” and confirm to cancel.
How do I cancel my Netflix subscription on my iPhone?
If you signed up for Netflix on your iPhone or iPad your Netflix account is probably linked to your Apple ID. You can still cancel your subscription through the website but just in case you don’t want to go through that process you cancel it through your Apple ID menu.
The steps to doing so are listed below this line:
- Go to your settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap “your name” and a new page will open showing your Apple ID menu.
- On this menu, tap on subscriptions.
- A list will appear showing apps you’ve subscribed to, choose Netflix.
- Confirm cancel.
How to cancel my Netflix subscription on my Android (through the Google Play Store)?
Android users are not left out. In the case that you’re using Android and don’t want to unsubscribe from the website, you can do so from your Play Store. The steps are:
- Open your Play Store app.
- Click on the triple-barred icon on the top left corner (a page will open with your Google account showing).
- Click on subscriptions and select Netflix.
- Click on the “cancel subscription and confirm” button.
Can I subscribe to Netflix again after canceling my subscription
Absolutely! Netflix is just like any other business, never attaching sentiment to dealings and staying focused.
If you cancel your subscription and decide to come back maybe after a month or even after a year or more of canceling, they will still accept your money (lol).
You can always come back no matter the duration. All you need to do to subscribe again is sign in with your Netflix account details, go to your accounts page, and choose “Restart Membership”.