Once you apply for a Bank of America credit card and you are approved, you will need to request a debit card. It typically takes 3 to 7 business days for your Bank of America debit card to arrive at your location. If you have received your card from Bank of America, you will need to activate it to use your credit or debit card.
Requirement to Activate your Bank of America Card
To activate your Bank of America credit or debit card, you will need to provide the information on your card. Information like your:
- Your card numbers.
- 3 digits SVV code, at the back of your card.
- The expiry date and year on your card.
Bank of America Activate Card
There are multiple ways to activate your Bank of America credit or debit card. You can activate it online or offline, and there are four (4) different options available for you to make your card active.
Activate Card on Website
You need to activate your card by signing in to your online banking account.
- Visit the Bank of America website.
- Enter your Online ID.
- Enter your password.
- Click on the “Save Online ID” to save your password.
- Finally, click on the “Sign In” button to login into your Online Banking account.
If you do not have an online banking account, you must enroll in online and mobile banking.
- Visit the Bank of America online banking Enroll page.
- Fill in the form.
- By entering the last 6 digits of your Card or Account Number.
- Then enter your Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax ID Number (TIN).
- Now click on the “Continue” button.
After enrolling in Bank of America’s online and mobile banking, you can activate your card.
Activate Card on Mobile Device
To activate your card on a mobile device, download the Bank of America app.
- Sign in to the mobile app.
- Click on the Card Activation button.
- Then enter your credit or debit card information.
Activate Card Offline
You can activate your Bank of America credit or debit card offline by making a purchase or using your card and PIN at a Bank of America ATM.
Book an appointment with Bank of America’s financial customer service at secure.bankofamerica.com/secure-mycommunications/public/appointments/.