If you have another Email address you created, you can add it to your Gmail account as an alternate email. This gives you access to using another Email address to sign in to your Gmail address. You can reach out to your Gmail account in any case you get locked out of it. Recover your Gmail account using the alternate email you have added to your Gmail account. Add another or a non-Gmail email address to your Gmail account, use it as a login ID, get a notification, and a lot more.
There is something that comes with adding an alternate email to your Gmail account. Things you can do and must do after you add another Email address to Gmail.
- You can’t add Gmail as an alternate Email.
- You can’t add another email address that is already linked to a Google account.
- When you want to login into your Gmail account using your alternate Email address, you must use your Gmail account password.
The below steps will only help you add an alternate email address to an existing Google account.
How to Add Another Email Address to Gmail
You can add another Email as an alternative to your Gmail account using your computer, Android, and iPhone or iPad devices.
- Login to your Gmail address.
- Go to the “Manage my Google Account” page.
- Click on “Personal info”.
- Click on “Email” under the Contact info panel.
- Under the “Alternate Emails” panel, click on add alternate email.
- You will need to sign in to your account.
- Then enter the Email address you want to add as an alternate email.
- Open the Gmail app on your Android phone or Tablet.
- Go to “Manage your Google Account”.
- Click on the “Personal info” button.
- Then under the “Contact info” button, click on Email.
- Click on the Alternate Email and add your email address.
iPhone and iPad
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on your “Profile picture”.
- Then click on the “Manage your Google Account” button.
- Tap on Personal info.
- Then click on Email under the “Contact info” panel.
- Click on Add Alternate Email, under the “Alternate Emails” panel.
Using either your computer, Android, and iPhone or iPad, to add another email address to Gmail, you will need to verify. You will be sent a verification link to the email address you provided as an alternate email. Click on the link to verify you want to add the Email as an alternate email to a Google account.
Remove Alternate Email to Gmail
If it very easy to remove another email you add to your Gmail account. You can follow the same process you made use of when adding another email address as an alternative to your Gmail account. Or you can follow the above steps to remove an alternate email address. When you get to the Alternate Email page, click on the “Remove Alternate Email” button.